Thursday 20 October 2016

Using the Aga

More often than not you can fine Steven's overalls drying on the Aga, keeping warm for him putting on the next morning to go to work. I can't dry everything on here as we have too much but it is very handy. Nothing better than warm overalls to put on when it is a chilly morning going to work at 5.30am!

My son has just made me smile. He went outside to collect a bag for Steven as he's stripping the wallpaper in the dining room and needed an empty feed bag to put the rubbish in. He didn't put any boots on to go out and his socks were soaked when he got back in, he took his socks off and put them on the Aga to dry. Of course he should have just worn boots! However the fact that the Aga is an integral part of our every day lives after just 9 months here make me feel all warm and cosy inside.

4 comments:

  1. I know a number of people that have Aga's and they are a magnet at the centre of the home in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a way of life. my aunty had a pull and rise airing frame above the aga used to get the washing dry even in the middle of winter and cosy jim jams to go to bed in, you enjoy - I envy you your Aga. I had better get on I am covered in dust.

    pattypanxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep - loved ours 20 years - now a Rayburn which does the central heating too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh just seen this post! Bless your little man. I love drying things on the front if cuffs or hems of jumpers are not quite done. My best day with the Rayburn is when I cook my breakfast, boil the kettle, bake and get some of tea done. Heaven, even if there are flakes of ashes all on the above shelf!x

    ReplyDelete

Week 8 - The depths of February and going strong.

We have decided to put the area where the pigs were a few years ago back to grass.  They did a great job of eating what was there, weeds and...