Friday, 24 March 2017

First harvests, blossom and poorly nana

Last year the rhubarb we had was what was left by the previous owners and it's a mid to late variety so I wasn't expecting any for a good while yet.  I did buy some early variety from The Range just to get some more in and low and behold it's massive already!  So we harvested some the other day and I stewed it to have with my breakfast.
 

The other reason I harvested some, was to give some to my Nana.  She's been very poorly lately.  On Sunday we had to get the paramedics out for her, long story, but she is on the mend now.  On Wednesday we took her some fresh rhubarb, a loaf of bread, 6 eggs and some daffs.  It all cheered her up no end.
 
The ducklings are growing by the minute and will soon be too big for the brooder so this weekend we will be sorting out alternate accommodation for them.

 
The puppies just looked too cute for words.



When walking out along the lane, I noticed a patch of blossom in the hedge on just one small area.  I'm going to remember where it is, as the rest of the hedge is totally different, so hopefully this will bear something edible in the coming months.


We have a weekend of gardening, fencing and family this weekend.  I hope you all have a good one.

9 comments:

  1. Sloes probably! Hope your nana gets better soon.
    Sounds like you've got a list of jobs as long as mine. Typical it's sunny today and I'm off to do some jobs for customers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is something other than sloes as I have loads of those elsewhere, though I suppose you can never have enough of a good thing!

      Delete
  2. Sloes probably! Hope your nana gets better soon.
    Sounds like you've got a list of jobs as long as mine. Typical it's sunny today and I'm off to do some jobs for customers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Foraging for free food is good, love the ducklings and the puppies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get well wishes to your Nana...and yea those puppies are too gorgeous for their own good! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are sooo cute! Just as well as they are tinkers! Thank you x

      Delete
  5. Glad nana is feeling better and what a lovely treat for her, cuuuute chicks and puppies! Beautiful blossom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou! She's slowly on the mend xx

      Delete