Friday 15 May 2020

Bashful Beef Stew recipe - slow cooker / crockpot one pot

Bashful Beef Stew


Serves 4-6 people
I cook this in a cast iron pot in the simmering oven of the Aga which is the same as the Slow Cooker.  I do not brown the meat as we love it just as it is, but feel free to before you put it in the slow cooker.


Ingredients:

500 - 750g diced beef
2 carrots
1/4 turnip
3 medium potatos
1 onion
1 leek 
1 parsnip
Beef gravy Granules


Method:

This recipe is nice and easy and perfect for busy lives and when you're short on time.
Chop the vegetables up on to bite size chunks, one thing I love about this recipe is that it is literally one pot 
Layer everything in the slow cooker, starting with the longest to cook on the bottom, so beef, potatoes, turnip, carrots, onion/leek/parsnip
Make enough gravy to cover the contents of the slow cooker and pour it over.
Switch the slow cooker on and leave it for 6 - 8 hours on low.
Trust me, it's delicious!  
Some people prefer to brown the beef and not use gravy granules, which is also fine.  This is just what works for me when I'm working full time and also running the smallholding.

Enjoy :)


6 comments:

  1. I love these sorts of meals, easy, simple and nourishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too - they are so easy, healthy and fulfilling. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I love bung it cooking (be it slow cooker or in a pan). This sounds yummy but my husband is still a big baby about vegetables! Too old to outgrow it now : ) Tam and I will try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy - it makes life so much easier for me, especially on those weeks where you blink and miss it!

      Delete
  3. Hi..i do this at least once a week and add dumplings.
    ftm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, so I have a fear of dumplings! I'll admit it! I have never made them - I am going to give them a go, or some variation soon! Thanks for the inspiration :)

      Delete

Back to the paid job - w/c April 15th

April 15th, 2024. The wind and rain were relentless again last night.  It continued through in to the early morning, finally easing with the...