Friday 1 May 2020

Marvelous Muffin Scones - Bacon, cheese and chive - recipe

Marvelous muffin scones - Bacon, cheese and chive

You have to try these! They are SO nice.
Makes 8 good sized scones. 
This is quite a wet dough so I cook them in muffin tins, hence their name.

Ingredients:
100g butter
6-8 rashers bacon (or as just many as you can spare.  I also use left over ham)
275g Self Raising Flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
150 ml milk
50 ml sunflower (or vegetable) oil
1 egg
Chives
150g grated cheddar

Method:
Sift the baking powder in to the flour as I find it always lumps.
Combine butter and flour with fingers until resembles breadcrumbs.  If your butter is very hard, I grate it.  It works!
Beat your egg and add to wet ingredients.
Combine everything.
Spoon in to greased muffin trays.
Cook for 15 mins in moderate oven.  Check after 10.

Yum!  Enjoy :)

Before baking 


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipes Tracy. I am going to lurk this afternoon and try and get a delivery slot for culinary flours as they can't be had in town - 10 Kg of each should keep me ticking over! I will give these a whirl over the weekend .. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome! Hope you were successful!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the recipe Tracy but I am unsure if you cook the bacon first or not. I really don't do a lot of baking but I would love to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete

Week 16 - Back to the paid job - w/c April 15th

April 15th, 2024. The wind and rain were relentless again last night.  It continued through in to the early morning, finally easing with the...