Monday 17 April 2023

Forager's Pantry, Easter and Planning

A quick note...

For a few week's prior to the Easter holidays I've been doing weekly podcasts which are snippets of life on the smallholding.  They're fairly easy for me to do as it's recorded directly on to my phone which I always have with me.  Here's a link if you're interested.  

Alongside this I'm working on weekly garden updates on YouTube  - all things related to growing our own food on the self sufficient journey.  I'm enjoying doing those and the content will naturally develop as the year gets underway as I cook & preserve more from the garden.

My cost of living video series will come to an end as May starts, so I am giving some thought as to the type of videos we will be putting out on YouTube once that is underway.  Easter is always the start of Chapter 2 in the year for me.  The New Year, rest and recharge is the first and I feel that I have done that and am ready to emerge with the fresh Spring shoots.  Even my painful hip is feeling better :) .

As is usual, I have had 2 weeks off work over Easter, giving me time to unwind, catch up with a few things and get ready for the next 11 weeks which will take us up to early July and doing the same again for the Summer chapter.

I'm also looking to build on the foraging I started last year and create a Forager's Pantry.  The Wild Garlic is in abundance and I'll share what I do with this in a dedicated post, however it's an essential item for my pantry in preserved form just in case the garlic bulbs fail or I have a gap in stores whilst I wait for them to grow.  Dandelions this coming week too!

As well as this, I'm interested in making foraged tinctures and powders to benefit from.  Something I've never done before, so will be learning along the way.  

So as I start this next chapter, today being day 1, I'd like to wish you well and encourage you to join me.  As a side note, I'm back updating on blogger from WordPress as I couldn't justify the costs to keep my own domain and hosting after the trial had ran out.  It was also far too time consuming to use it as it needed more attention that I was able to give!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 16 - Back to the paid job - w/c April 15th

April 15th, 2024. The wind and rain were relentless again last night.  It continued through in to the early morning, finally easing with the...