Friday 8 September 2023

August days in photos (2)

Days off in photos

We are being spoilt with sun rises and sets.


Stores continues to develop.  I move the jars on to the shelves in anticipation of filling them up.
 

I set about making tomato ketchup for the first time.  I followed the River Cottage original recipe and it is delicious.  I added, generously, the optional paprika.


Tomatoes straight from the greenhouse.

 

I wanted to go foraging and took the kids to get brambles, rosehips and plums.  The rosehips are the big round ones and will be used for syrup.

 

I made a start pressure canning what is in the freezer to make space for the arrival of the pork.


Winter seeds are direct sown.  Spinaches and mustards.


Taking a break from Stores, Steven collects firewood for the Winter.


Many trees have sadly died as the sheep have destroyed the bark on them, so we make sure they don't go to waste and will keep us warm in Winter instead.


The pigs go about their business, unbothered by the noise of the chainsaw.


These are ready for breaking down in to logs before the harsh weather arrives.






1 comment:

  1. I thought I had a good handy husband, but yours takes top spot every time, perfect space for all your produce to be stored.

    ReplyDelete

Week 16 - Back to the paid job - w/c April 15th

April 15th, 2024. The wind and rain were relentless again last night.  It continued through in to the early morning, finally easing with the...