Tuesday 24 March 2015

Gorgeous husbands shenanigans!

It seems that our pace of life is super sonic at the moment.  The days are just whizzing by.  As we speak GH is busy cooking veg for the coming days lunches that he takes to work, as he is starting his health kick / training again.  Grace, our daughter is in there too making herself busy by talking a lot.  My son is sound asleep in bed and I'm about to start another hour of study for the exam I have coming up on Friday (which I am dreading and feel thoroughly unprepared for).

Catching up on the last couple of weeks, GH has made a wine rack for the kitchen.  It's only supposed to be a design/draft piece but I told him it was that good, that he should put it up in the kitchen whilst he worked on the "proper" one.  I think it's fabulous.

The chicken shed project is now finished and included a re-spraying of the 2 sheds and the fence in between them.  We decided to keep the old shed instead of buying a new one and just repair it.  Total cost was £15 instead of £350 (minimum) that it would have cost us.  All money that is better in our pockets than the shops! 

GH has had a week off work recovering from his operation and made good use of himself (his choice!) by redesigning the big cupboard too.  This was it before and after. 





He also bought himself a new toy - £2 - cheaper than a new computer ;o)

 
I have my great spring clean week coming up soon so once my exam is over I will be preparing for that and keeping regular posts along the way.  It won't be just cleaning but preparing, cooking, baking and pondering too.  Bliss.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 8 - The depths of February and going strong.

We have decided to put the area where the pigs were a few years ago back to grass.  They did a great job of eating what was there, weeds and...