Friday 15 July 2016

Happy 6 month Anniversary to us


A comment on one of my posts a week or two ago from Frugal in Essex said she hoped that our lives at the smallholding were everything we hoped they would be.  Combined with something my husband said the other day, and having lived in our house 6 months to the day, I thought it would be a good time to reflect.


It's an easy post really.
I have never in my life been more fulfilled, content and happier than I am right now, living in our dream house, on our dream smallholding with my amazing family.  I can honestly say that every day something makes me smile, even if it’s for a split second....  Walking back towards the house from the field looking at how cosy and welcoming it looks or locking the geese away on a night, seeing the plants grow from the seeds I nervously planted, riding out with my daughter on our ‘own’ bridle ways, standing with my husband amongst the hens discussing the next venture, watching my son run around the garden chasing his football and stopping to chat with the geese, warming the children’s clothes on the Aga, looking at the hundred-year-old beams in the kitchen wondering who else looked at them or sat on the window seat in Spring watching the horses graze, I truly, truly appreciate every single one of these moments. 
Yes the kids bicker, yes I lose my temper (wish I didn’t), yes I feel rushed sometimes, yes there are days when I am totally unorganised and none of the ideas I hoped to achieve seem within reach, but even with any of those things, you couldn’t get a more content person that me right now. 


Right now, being forever.

8 comments:

  1. Fab post Tracy. I love looking back with people to see how things have panned out. Well done for making it work, why wouldn't it work, it is your dream.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun. It's been a long time in the planning so now is time for doing xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely post, lovely to know your dream is panning out, yes I lose my temper sometimes,the ups and down highs and lows is what makes it special and memorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just! This year is definitely one to remember for lots of reasons

      Delete
  3. Happy '6 months' in your small holding.

    Even the most perfect parents lose their tempers sometimes...it shows you are human!

    As I said previously, you are all doing brilliantly and the rewards are showing now....well done!

    BY the way I LOVE reading your blog so pls keep going

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so pleased for you, it sounds like you have completely embraced the new life, your dream. Lots of love, health and happiness for the future. Tx

    ReplyDelete

Week 8 - The depths of February and going strong.

We have decided to put the area where the pigs were a few years ago back to grass.  They did a great job of eating what was there, weeds and...