Thursday 14 July 2016

Mid week thoughts


I’ve noticed the daylight hours are getting ever so slightly shorter.  I go outside at 10pm every night and some nights it had been as bright as it was at noon.  However now, by the time I come back in it is would definitely be described as dusk.  The light is fading and the shadows are becoming darker.  It reminded me that we need to get the security lights up before the winter nights arrive as you can’t see your hand in front of your face by 5pm in the depths of winter.  Not conducive to locking up the animals, even by torch light.

With this in mind I’ve been thinking ahead to my two week break I am having in August.  I plan on doing all sorts of things, from pottering, fixing fences (Ste, not me), getting some birds ready for the table, buying new stock, tidying rooms that haven’t been organised since we moved in, planning for winter crops and 2017 veg schedule, thinking about when and how to get pigs in 2017 and planning a little Halloween party for October this year, but most importantly having 24/7 access to do whatever we want, when we want, as a family.  I’m also tentatively thinking about doing some form of exercise each day during that period.  This may not transpire ;)

6 comments:

  1. I should think your exercise will be working on the small holding plenty on that list to keep you trim :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dawn, and where would you fit it in?x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on riding a lot too so that's exercise. I agree!

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is going to be a busy two weeks! As the others have said, never mind the exercise, just doing that lot will be exercise enough I should think!! It is good to plan and be organised though isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is and if I get through just a bit of it I will be pleased.

    ReplyDelete

Week 8 - The depths of February and going strong.

We have decided to put the area where the pigs were a few years ago back to grass.  They did a great job of eating what was there, weeds and...