Friday 11 August 2023

Light at the end of the Weedy Tunnel

A beautiful week

We have had spectacular sun rises this week.  It's so nice to have typical summer weather instead of the downpours of July and early August.  I had to dash outside to capture this one early one morning.


The evenings this week have been taken up by the War on Weeds.  I'm taking it methodically, a bed and associated pathway at a time.  I've had help for some of it which has been fabulous.  This week, everyone has their designated areas of work on the smallholding so it's not as if everyone else has been sat with their feet up, so I appreciate the help where I can get it.


From each bed that I am waging war with the weeds on, I have been trying to harvest food at the same time.  We have to get something from it all, right?  Above is the before photo on the bean bed and below shows the beans I picked for a mid week supper.

 

I'm actually REALLY enjoying it.












 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 16 - Back to the paid job - w/c April 15th

April 15th, 2024. The wind and rain were relentless again last night.  It continued through in to the early morning, finally easing with the...