Wednesday 23 August 2023

Making Plans

Monday 21st August

Monday started with a beautiful sunrise.  I was looking for my headphones to take on my morning run (I'm really wanting to get fitter and shed some pounds).  I'd left the headphones on the field gate post of the field after taking a barrow of muck out the night before.  Thankfully it hadn't rained overnight, so they hadn't got wet and still worked.  If I hadn't left them there, I wouldn't have captured the sunrise as my run is to the West.

 




When I was out I noticed plums, or bullaces, brambles and rosehips all ripe for the picking.  I have also seen plenty of Rowan berries when driving around too, something I read about using in one of my favourite books "Hovel in the Hills".  I also didn't get to making the pate last week, so I am doing that today.  Only it turned out to be lambs liver, not chicken but that's' fine as plenty of recipes out there for lambs.  I'm pulling a Smallholding recipe book together, over time, to when I get one I prefer I shall add it to that.

As always, I have many plans for my time off and there won't be enough time to do them all.  

2 comments:

Week 16 - Back to the paid job - w/c April 15th

April 15th, 2024. The wind and rain were relentless again last night.  It continued through in to the early morning, finally easing with the...